After weeks of speculations and linking Lionel Messi to a move away from Nou Camp this year, the Barcelona Boss finally came out and gave his version of all these speculations in a press conference today. After an unusual defeat to Real Sociedad, it was reported that there is a rivalry going on between the Star Argentine Player Messi and Luis Enrique. Messi was left out from the starting XI, only to be substituted in the 2nd half.
Even though Messi has a contract with Barcelona which ties him to Nou Camp until 2018, but with the rumor mill running at its full speed, there were certain restless days to say the least for the Barcelona Faithful. When former Players like Bojan also criticized the current boss for his lack of commitment regarding Lionel Messi’s future at Barcelona, It was reported that Messi would take his chances to join Premier League Giants like Chelsea or Manchester City this summer.
Earlier this week, Messi gave an interview which fueled all these controversies. In that statement, the Argentine Maestro rejects to claim that his future lies with Barcelona. To be more precise, this is what Messi said before the Ballon d’Or ceremony,
‘I’ve always said I want to end my career at Barcelona but nobody knows what the future holds.”
But Luis Enrique has finally cooled all these speculations by rejecting the idea of any kind of feud between him and Messi. According to the Barca Boss, there is nothing between him and Lionel Messi at the moment. Speaking to Spanish Media on Wednesday, Luis said,
“The thought of having a team without Messi is not even something we contemplate’’.
Further saying, Enrique reiterates his statement that the training room is united and looking forward to win titles this year in La Liga. So when Barcelona fans are jubilant after hearing this news, it’s a major setback for the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City who were already exercising their bank account to try and grab Messi.